If you whack your head on the door of a kitchen cabinet, it hurts. Most pains are like that. They’re easily explainable and quickly go away without treatment. But certain pains should never ignored.
Seek immediate medical attention if:
- You have have in your chest that spread into your neck, jaw or left arm. This symptom also may be accompanied by shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, sweating, or generalized weakness.
- You develop a sudden, severe headache accompanied by numbness, dizziness, tingling.
- You have difficulty walking, seeing, speaking, or swallowing.
- You develop sudden back pain or lower-abdominal pain and feel light-headed or dizzy.
- You have constant abdominal pain that is in the lower right area of your belly or that lasts for more than an hour and is accompanied by fever.
- You have painful urination accompanied by back pain, blood in your urine, or the urge to urinate more frequently.
- You have any other new, unexplainable pain that lasts more than a week.